Okay hands up, who LOVES peanut butter?! We eat it by the spoonfuls here at CoconutHQ (and we’re okay to admit that) so we thought we needed to make our own healthier version. In fact, my boyfriend was going through a jar, A JAR, every week so being the amazing girlfriend I am, I thought I needed to get some healthier peanut butter into him 💁
There are hundreds of reasons why you should make your own peanut butter, so we’ll list a few:
- You can control how sweet or salty you want it to be
- You can control how smooth or crunchy you want it to be
- You can get creative and add another nuts, seeds, or coconut (of course!)
- You can add chocolate (yes please!)
- It’s healthier than the store bought versions
Let’s get blending!
THIS RECIPE MAKES 1 JAR OF PEANUT BUTTER
- 2 cups peanuts, roasted
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, optional
- If your peanuts are not roasted, pop them in the oven to bake for 20 min at 180º C (360º F). Set aside to cool.
- Once cool, rub your hands back and forth over peanuts to remove excess skin. Don’t worry if all the skin doesn’t come off, just get the ones that are very loose.
- Transfer the ‘peeled’ peanuts into a high-speed blender (I used my Optimum Blender) and blend until the peanuts become a liquid. If you want crunchy peanut butter, I would blend half the amount of peanuts and add the other half later in the blending process.
- Add coconut and blend again.
- Spoon into a jar and ENJOY!
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for Coconut inspired beauty <3
xx The Coconut Queen